I am trying to set up the following arrangement with 10 switches:
I think it's relatively self-explanatory, but basically I have 8 different networks (in 8 separate VLANs) which are physically switched separately too (just because I can).
I want to set up the switches for each "pair" of LANs, and for each endpoint switch have a backup path to the root switch via its mate.
I'm using HP V1910-48G (JE009A) for the ROOT and "ROOT B" switch.
- This is where the servers are physically connected to the network.
- The reason I have switches where the servers are located is to get access to 8 fibre ports.
- There's a 4Gbit LACP trunk between ROOT and ROOT B to handle the bandwidth and all VLANs are trunked and tagged
- All switches are managed on VLAN 1080. Does that matter? I'm thinking not.
- All VLANs are tagged on the trunks as necessary. Again, I can't see it mattering.
For my endpoint switches, I'm using HP V1810-24G v2 (J9803A) switches.
All switches DO support RSTP!
At the moment I can't get this working correctly. When I disconnect the trunk between Switch with VLAN20 to Root switch - the port to Switch VLAN21 doesn't forward packets.
Bridge configuration for all Endpoint Switches:
Port config on VLAN20 Switch:
Any help would be most appreciated.