I have an issue where my users are unable to access a particular web service (hosted app on AWS) because of an http 302 redirect pointing us to an incorrect port and address.
- It works ok from other networks.
- Packet capture on our edge firewall shows
- the internal interface receiving the correct request
- the external interface receiving the 302 packet from AWS server
- the internal interface receiving the new and incorrect request as per the 302 redirect
edge firewall is a microsoft tmg server. Forgive me....I'm getting it replaced :)
Can anyone confirm whether or not I'm right in saying this is 100% out of my control and push back on the service provider? They think it's my firewall/proxy but since I can see the 302 packet coming in on the external interface I fail to see how.
Any other insights into how this could be occurring also appreciated.