I'm using an EdgeMAX router. From the GUI, I'm trying to forward the WAN (eth1) port 22 to the LAN (eth2) port 22 to a local IP address (172.16.12.3) to allow SSH from outside my network. When I tried to SSH I get a
time out error. I tried to troubleshoot in all imaginable ways:
- I've checked my firewall for rules that might drop that connection attempt.
- I tried to port forward to two others local IP addresses successfully from WAN 2222 to LAN 22, and I managed to connect through SSH on those two machines.
- I've tried to change the SSH port on the target machine (172.16.12.3).
- I've disabled the firewall on the local target machine (172.16.12.3).
- Since the 2222 port worked for the two other machines (item 2), I also tried to port forward from that port to a different port (22,2222) on the target machine (172.16.12.3)
Of course the target machine is reachable from inside the LAN. I don't have any more ideas about what could be wrong! any suggestions?