I am interested in finding the IP addresses assigned to devices attached to each interface on a Cisco 2960X switch. It seems like IPDT is exactly what I'm looking for. However it seems like the refresh interval is a bit odd.
The way I understand it:
- IPDT is updated the first time traffic from a new device is detected
- settings for number of devices attached to the port via
ip device tracking max N
- maximum number of probe times is 255
The Cisco docs on IPDT seem very scarce, so I figured I'd ask here:
- Is there any way to force a refresh of this data?
- Is there a way to reset the probe count once it's hit the max specified?
- (is there even a way to see how many times ip device track info was probed for?)
The reason I'm interested in a way to force a refresh is two-fold. For one when a device is unplugged, I would expect it to disappear, but it doesn't. Also, for a switch where I've just enabled IPDT, not all devices plugged in appear immediately (though given enough time they do show up).
For reference, this is what I did to enable IPDT:
configure terminal ip device tracking int range Gi1/0/1-47 ip device tracking max 1 ip device tracking probe count 255 ip device tracking probe interval 30 end wr