PA TAC declared buggy behavior and blamed it on to the OS version. The process to sync a 5.0.12 with 6.0.6 was not recommended. Later post upgrading the standalone box to the latest version (as per the new box) resolved the issue.
@KorXo: Many thanks.
After many hours of conversation with PA TAC:-
- No 2 different versions can be synced in HA peers. (The member have to match the ver)
- Yes, The XML files have differences
- I have configured the management for the 2nd device to be synced & then wanted it to import all the configuration from Primary firewall
- But the Auto commit was failing for the new device. Via GUI as well as CLI
- Also due to standard across firm, I am not allowed to switch the FW to 6.x or 7.x OS as of now
Ultimately PA TAC is analyzing the returned box and will provide the reason for auto/force commit failure.
Take home for me was the below URLs which are quite helpful. This may help you as well. Please check.
--How to Factory Reset a Palo Alto Networks Device (use HTTPS:// before all the urls)
--How to SSH into Maintenance Mode
--How to Configure Management Interface from Maintenance Mode
--Setup a RMA Replacement Firewall
--Transfer Licenses from RMA Device
--Set Up a High Availability Replacement Device