T568A or T568B?

Which one (1, 2, or 3)?

  1. Straight-through
  2. Cross-Over
  3. Roll-Over
  • Is this residential or commercial cabling? – Ron Maupin Mar 18 '16 at 1:50
  • Welcome to NE, we hope you will both contribute to and learn from this community. NE is a site to ask and provide answers about professionally managed networks. This question is severely lacking in detail needed to answer the question, doesn't exhibit a minimum level of knowledge that would be present in a professionally managed network, and/or no effort/research on a very basic topic.Please edit your question and it will automatically start a reopen vote. You may find our Question Checklist helpful to improve your question. – YLearn Mar 18 '16 at 5:35

If this is residential cabling, it is off-topic here, but you should familiarize yourself with ANSI/TIA/EIA-570-B Residential Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard.

If this is commercial cabling, the usual is T568B, but either could be used, as long as all cabling is done the same. The standard calls for straight-through cabling from end-to-end on a cable run for UTP cabling (fiber is crossed-over). All crossover or rollover, splitting, etc. must be done outside of the WAO (Work Area Outlet).

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.