- How many interfaces can we group as a link aggregation on a Cisco switch?
- How many interfaces, if they all are full duplex?
- Can we check the value of used bandwidth of ether channel group?
- How many groups can we make on a Cisco switch?
- Up to eight ports in a channel group.
- Up to eight ports in a channel group.
- Yes you can (see below); it's an interface.
- It depends on the switch model (see below).
The following is sample output from the show interfaces port-channel command:
Router# show interfaces port-channel 1 Port-channel1 is up, line protocol is up Hardware is FEChannel, address is 0000.0ca8.6220 (bia 0000.0000.0000) MTU 1500 bytes, BW 400000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec, rely 255/255, load 1/255 Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set, keepalive not set, fdx ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00 No. of active members in this channel: 4 Member 0 : Fast Ethernet1/0/0 Member 1 : Fast Ethernet1/1/0 Member 2 : Fast Ethernet4/0/0 Member 3 : Fast Ethernet4/1/0 Last input 01:22:13, output never, output hang never Last clearing of "show interface" counters never Queueing strategy: fifo Output queue 0/40, 0 drops; input queue 0/75, 0 drops 5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec 5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec 223 packets input, 11462 bytes, 0 no buffer Received 1 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort 0 watchdog, 0 multicast 0 input packets with dribble condition detected 192 packets output, 13232 bytes, 0 underruns 0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets 0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred 0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier 0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
Catalyst 6500/6000 Series Switches That Run CatOS
- With software release 6.3(1) and later releases, the maximum supported number of EtherChannels is 126 for a 6- or 9-slot chassis and 63 for a 13-slot chassis due to how the spanning-tree feature handles port IDs.
Catalyst 6500/6000 Series Switches That Run Cisco IOS Software
- With Release 12.2(18)SXE and later releases, a Catalyst 6500 series switch supports a maximum of 128 EtherChannels. With releases earlier than Release 12.2(18)SXE, a Catalyst 6500 series switch supports a maximum of 64 EtherChannels.
Catalyst 5500/5000 Series Switches
Catalyst 4500/4000 Series Switches That Run CatOS
Catalyst 4500/4000 Series Switches That Run Cisco IOS Software
- Catalyst 4500/4000 switches support a maximum of 64 EtherChannels. You can form an EtherChannel with up to eight compatibly configured Ethernet interfaces on any module and across modules in a Catalyst 4500/4000 switch.
Catalyst 3750 Series Switches
- The Catalyst 3750 series switches support a maximum of 12 EtherChannels with configuration on a stack if the switch runs Cisco IOS Software Release 12.1. The Catalyst 3750 series switches can support a maximum of 48 etherchannels on the switch stack if the switch runs Cisco IOS Software Release12.2 or later.
Catalyst 3560 Series Switches
Catalyst 3550 Series Switches
Catalyst 2900XL/3500XL Series Switches
- The Catalyst 2900XL/3500XL series switches support a maximum of 12 EtherChannel port groups in the switch.
Catalyst 2970 Series Switches
- The Catalyst 2970 series switches support a maximum of 12 EtherChannels with configuration on the switch.
Catalyst 2960 Series Switches
Catalyst 2950/2955 Series Switches
- Catalyst 2950/2955 series switches allow up to six port groups. The port groups can all have source as a basis, all have destination as a basis, or be a combination of source and destination bases. All ports in the group must be the same type. For example, the ports must all have source as a basis or all have destination as a basis.
Catalyst 2940 Series Switches
- The Catalyst 2940 series switches support a maximum of six EtherChannels with eight ports per EtherChannel.
Catalyst Express 500 Series Switches
- Catalyst Express 500 support up to 6 Fast EtherChannel or Gigabit EtherChannel groups.
Catalyst 1900/2820 Series Switches
- Catalyst 1900/2820 series switches support only two port FECs.
Catalyst 2948G-L3, 4908G-L3, and 4840G Switches
Catalyst 2948G-L3 switch router supports up to 16 FECs with up to four adjacent Fast Ethernet ports per channel and one GEC.
Catalyst 4908G-L3 switch router supports up to four GECs with up to four Gigabit Ethernet ports per channel.
Catalyst 8500 Series Switch Routers and Cisco 7000 Series Router
- Catalyst 8510 Campus Switch Router (CSR) supports up to four port FECs as one Layer 3 forwarding path.