Let's say I have one vlan on one switch and another vlan on another switch (2 EX2200 Juniper). I have a trunk between the two switches on which both vlans are members. What do I need to do to allow the two vlans to communicate in terms of layer 3 stuff? What routing config needs to be done?

1 Answer 1


Configure an integrated routing and bridging (IRB) interface on one of the switches.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.