I have a pair of Juniper routers each one having drops from ISP. We advertise same IP blocks from both the routers on WAN interface. Now on the Lan side, we have pair of HP core switch running IRF mode. What we would like to do is,
- Confiugre VRRP on the router to have common gateway
- Configure MCLAG on routers for active-active LAN connections
- Each router connects to each switch through LACP active-active mode.
Now for any incoming traffic, it is active-active, traffic can reach any router and goes to any core switch and works. Question is,
- How outgoing traffic from LAN works? IMO, VRRP is active-backup. So if the switch send the outgoing traffic to backup VRRP router since they are active-active link, will it directly go out via that router or it will go out to master VRRP router and go out to Internet?
- If so is there a way to configure the router to use both the link for outgoing or my understanding about VRRP is wrong and the current model works as active-active or outgoing traffic also?