Here are the steps I configured so far:
General configuration steps
The following steps provide an overview of configuring and testing the hardware used in this example. For best results in this configuration, follow the procedures in the order given. Also, note that if you perform any additional actions between procedures, your configuration may have different results.
- Configure the FortiGate unit
• Configure the external interface
• Add two VLAN subinterfaces to the internal network interface
• Add firewall addresses and address ranges for the internal and external networks
• Add security policies to allow: (this is technically for inter-vlan routing)
• the VLAN networks to access each other
• the VLAN networks to access the external network.
- Configure the VLAN switch
Also created the trunk on the switch that connects to the LAN interface of the Fortinet, made a switchport access and assigned switchport access VLAN to it. Still not working as designed?