Consider the following scenario
- I have 2 switches, A and B connected via Po1 (LACP).
- IP DHCP Snooping turned on for both Switch-A and Switch-B.
- Dynamic ARP Inspection trust is configured on (Ppo1) on both switches.
- PC-A is originally connected to Switch-A (port24), and it retrieve DHCP IP address assigned from the uplink of Switch-A (say Router-A).
- DHCP binding table (SwitchA) is populated with PC-A binding.
- DHCP binding table (SwitchB) is not populated with PC-A bindings.
......... Sometime later ........
User moves PC-A and plugs it into Switch-B which has no binding information for PC-A. PC-A tries to communicate with a PC-B on Switch-A.
Assume PC-A and Switch-B has MAC address of PC-B in their MAC table. What will happen when Switch A receives a packet/frame from Po1 (coming from PC-A via SwitchB)? -- Switch-A has a binding for PC-A at port 24, but trusted Po1 as well.
Will PC-A be able to communicated with PC-B after moving to Switch-B?