I need to add another Cisco 2960x stack member to our existing stack and I just want to check that the steps I have in mind are correct:
- Power up the new switch and check that IOS matches that of the existing stack
- Copy the config from the existing stack to the new switch
- Provison the new switch on the existing stack
- Set stack member number and priority on new switch
- Physically connect the new switch to the stack using the stacking cable
I've had a look at the Cisco documentation but still have some questions:
- Is this procedure correct?
- When configuring the new switch, I will just have to copy the config across and it will use the same IP address when added to the stack?
Have I missed anything obvious?
Thanks for your time!