I'm experiencing trouble trying to connect to Google. This is the case both through any web browser, and ping from Command Prompt. The trouble is limited to:
- Laptop devices but not Mobiles
- my home wifi, not other networks
- mail.google.com and translate.google.com and not other google services or countries.
Here is a table of my attempts, where the columns are the following:
- Work Windows Laptop on home WiFi
- Personal Windows Laptop on home WiFi
- Mobile on home WiFi
- Mobile on 4G
- Personal Laptop hotspotting onto Mobile's 4G
- Personal Laptop on home WiFi with VPN to different country
| SITE |1|2|3|4|5|6| | google.com |y|y|y|y|y|y| | translate.google.com |N|N|y|y|y|y| | translate.google.de |y|y|y|y|y|y| | mail.google.com |N|N|y|y|y|y| | chrome.google.com |N|N|y|y|y|y| | docs.google.com |y|y|y|y|y|y| | hangouts.google.com |y|y|y|y|y|y| | drive.google.com |y|y|y|y|y|y| | calendar.google.com |y|y|y|y|y|y|
What could be causing this behaviour?
My best guess so far is that I suppose I have some software installed on both laptops which has attempted to call these two services too often, and my ip address has been blocked by google...