I was able to set up a LAN with the following configuration :
- A main computer (Windows PC) with a DHCP and DNS server, who is configured to have a static IP address
- Three devices (embedded Linux) who communicate with the PC using its IP address
- Each device is connected to the main computer using Ethernet (3 Ethernet links)
- There is no Internet
I want to switch this setup to a WLAN. This is what I thought I would do :
- The PC will be connected to a wireless access point (Wi-Fi link).
- Each device will be connected to a wireless repeater (Ethernet link), and each wireless repeater will communicate with the PC through the WAP.
- There is still no Internet connection.
My questions are then :
- Can the above configuration work ? I mean is it possible to integrate a WAP without having an internet connection ? Can all WAP handle this ?
- Is it simplier to use a Wi-Fi router instead of a WAP ?