i wants to know clear understanding about how Cisco layer3 switch checks in sequence order when traffic arrive to its L3 Interface . i want to know traffic flow in Cisco layer 3 switch ,because switch has ARP -table ,routing table access-list . which one it will check in order to delivery packet to destination . please help..
The order of operations can vary depending on the specific IOS version and the configuration, but here's a general idea from the Cisco website.
Note that most L3 switches can't do NAT or IPSec.
- If IPSec then check input access list
- decryption - for CET (Cisco Encryption Technology) or IPSec
- check input access list
- check input rate limits
- input accounting
- redirect to web cache
- policy routing
- NAT inside to outside (local to global translation)
- crypto (check map and mark for encryption)
- check output access list
- inspect (Context-based Access Control (CBAC))
- TCP intercept