How does a network switch prioritize the incoming ethernet frames that all have the broadcast MAC address as a receiver address?
So, we have the following situation:
- a 10GE network switch with 3 Ports A, B and C
- Traffic on Port A and B is bidirectional and Port C works only as a output port
- All ethernet frames from Port A and Port B have the receiver address: 0xFF FF FF FF FF FF
What happens now on port C in the following situations:
- Two frames (one from A and one from B) arrive simultaneously and should both be forwarded to port C
- Bandwidth on port A and on port B is above 5 Gbps, but should be forwarded to port C
How does the switch prioritize here?