How to reset a Default username and password of Allied Telesis AT9000/28 switch using CLI?
I would defy the purpose - securing management access - if you could reset the credentials via console.
As it seems, AT has made no provisions to reset the password by physical reset switch either. You should contact their support.
[EDIT] There seems to be a procedure using the serial console:
- Connect to the router using a RS-232 cable
- Connect to the router via HyperTerminal
- Settings for HyperTerminal = 9600 - 8 - None - 1 Flow Control = None
- Power cycle the router and right away press the s key continuously until you see the login prompt > (Starts up with current release but no configuration)
- You will now have to Delete the previous manager password configuration line described below using the internal text editor. The editor is invoked with the command: EDIT filename.cfg (filename is the name of you config file) Delete the line that states: set user=manager pass=3af00c6cad11f7ab5db4467b66ce503eff priv=manager Save and exit editor by pressing the key sequence of Ctrl k x
- Now, type the command >restart router to reload the original configuration. The Manager password is now regenerated as "friend"