I am trying to transfer a new .bin file to a Cisco 2960x switch. Whenever I do this the CPU spikes to 100% and the maximum transfer rate is 35KB/s. A 28MB file takes 15 min+.
I've tried the following:
- Try on 3 different switches, including an idle switch on my bench.
- Try a different model of 2960x.
- Try different firmware versions, including the recommend 15.2(7)E7.
- Clear the config and only set an IP address on the switch.
- Try with SCP, TFTP, and HTTP.
- Use different computers and software to transfer the file from.
- Plug directly in to the switch.
Whenever the transfer starts, I can see with
show proc cpu history that the CPU is spiked to 99%.
If I use
show proc cpu sort | ex 0.00 I see
ssh using all available free cycles when using SCP, and I see
exec maxed out when trying to use HTTP. I did not look at what process tftp uses.
This almost appears to be expected behavior. I'm at a loss. Can someone confirm, and/or point me in the right direction?