I'm trying to understand how I should act on a trap I'm receiving from our WLC
WIPS Alert: Reason "NoProfile" detected on AP MAC: 00:1a:30:00:00:00, AP Name: West128_c3602i
My searches for the meaning of this message have not turned up anything useful.
- WLC5508, Version 188.8.131.52
- APs in monitor mode, WIPS sub-mode
- AP model is c3602i
- This is a new deployment, so NCS Prime / MSE are not operational yet
The AP in question are joined to the default "WLAN AP Group"; however, other "local" mode APs are in a dedicated group.
- Why is the WLC alarming on this condition? Is there a real problem or is this just noise?
- How should I resolve the issue?