Consider this network diagram
- Routers A and B belong to the same AS
- Networks 10.0.10.0/24 and 10.0.20.0/24 are routable via AS200 and AS300
- Network 10.0.10.0/24 is accessible via Router A and pass through Router C
- Network 10.0.20.0/24 is accessible via Router B and pass through Router D
- Routers C and D are ISP routers
- When link between routers A and C is down, traffic should pass through router B via D
- When link between routers B and D is down, traffic should pass through router A via C
Here's the rough config:
router bgp 100 network 10.0.10.0/24 network 10.0.20.0/24 neighbor 10.0.21.1 remote-as 100 neighbor 10.0.21.1 next-hop-self neighbor 188.8.131.52 remote-as 200 no synchronization
router bgp 100 network 10.0.10.0/24 network 10.0.20.0/24 neighbor 10.0.10.1 remote-as 100 neighbor 10.0.10.1 next-hop-self neighbor 184.108.40.206 remote-as 300 no synchronization
- Am I correct to assume that I have to announce both networks (10.0.10.0/24 and 10.0.20.0/24) to each eBGP peer?
- What is the best way of doing this?