I am currently planning a voice network and test different ways. Currently a classic IP network with various Cisco Routers is used to bound different media (fiber, copper, MPLS) and route to a classic SBC. The SBC routes the calls to the Asterisk machine, with load balancing and failover.
Because I'm looking for a pragmatic solution which is redundant. Therefore, I have considered the SBC's from CISCO, I read that Cisco calls the system CUBE and Cisco say it is a carrier-grade SBC. I would prefer an ASR 1009x with two routing processing units (with two ESP Module) and the licenses for the CUBE.
Does anyone have experience with the CUBE as SBC in the ISP Environment? We expect traffic per location of approx 3,000 concurrent calls and about 25 SIP trunks. Does anyone have experience with the daily Tasks a SBC brings in? What are the difference to a classic SBC?
Here is a sketch of the current infrastructure.
To explain what I want to do I will show a few tasks that our SBC now brings in:
- create new Endpoints (registered and static)
- SIP and H.323 Support
- Easy Support Codecs like G.711 G.721 or some exotic Codecs (easy to reload)
- can I do a header manipulation of SIP packets
- is it possible to do a normalization (NPI,TON of CDPN or CGPN)
- How I can trace the Calls? PCAP for each call or any other Concept?
- User management to delegate tasks to other user with access rules
- CDR export for billing Issues
- Loadshare or loadbalancing algorithms like (hunt high, hunt low, percentage ...)
- Backup and Restore process
- SQL integration of CDR and configuration
- SNMP functionality to insert SBC into monitoring environment
- Is the amount of simultanous Calls limited to 16.000 Calls (this is onyl approx 1,5 GBit/s and we have a 40GBit ESP in the ASR Router)
- CUBE supports RLT and SIP Call transfer, anyone use it to connect two Calls together, for routing Issues to reduce number of needed licenses?
- It is possible to capture Calls directly on the Router for quality monitoring
Does anyone know what function is implemented and what function not implemented in a Cisco CUBE?