I am doing a project for Cybersecurity and trying to build a college campus network. The complete instructions read:
LAN infrastructure layouts for all campuses.
• Represent multiple building/classroom PCs with two icons showing first and last IP subnet addresses.
• Basic functional configurations for PCs, servers, switches, and routers.
• PCs – must have IPv4 addressing configured (static).
• Servers – must have IPv4 addressing configured (static).
• Switches – must have IPv4 addressing and login security.
• Routers – must have IPv4 addressing, login security, and functional routing table (static).
• IPv4 subnetted class C address scheme.
• Use 172.16.0.0 private addressing
• Third octet should be used for subnetting required to support network design criteria.
• WAN connections between campuses (static).
• Ability to ping and traceroute within and between campuses.
There are 3 branch college campuses and 1 main campus. Wouldn't that be a contradiction as the range of Class C addresses are from 192-223 which 172.16.0.0 doesn't fall under or am I not understanding enough about the project?