i want to connect two LANs, each one has a router, to allow pc's to communicate between the two LANs without internet. i am a complete beginner in networking and i need to make this project urgently. it's supposed to look something like this https://imgur.com/a/d7dQDax . how to connect two routers with an ethernet cable? and if possible, can anyone give me the easiest solution to implement the network in the picture.
You'll probably want a routed link.
- Select a network that's not used anywhere like
- Select two IP addresses from this network, e.g.
- Configure one port on each side with one of them.
- Connect these two ports.
- Make each remote network known to the other side by setting either a static route or by using a common routing protocol like OSPF.
- Set each router as default gateway for all local hosts (you're not going anywhere else without Internet).